Thursday, June 4, 2015

DAY 173 HOME SWEET HOME

We enjoyed a nice breakfast at the Hotel and made the short walk over to the London Heathrow Terminal.  The Sofitel hotel is located right adjacent to Terminal 5.

We were in Business Class on a British Airs 787 which we have taken before.  Interestingly enough there were several empty seats in Business Class so service was even better.





We arrived hone this evening and the good news is the flight was on time and we were one of the first off the flight and to claim our luggage and to get through immigration and customs and the drive to our home was perfect.

We will also be utilizing this Blog for our July 25 Crystal Serenity British Isles Cruise so be sure to not only check back in a few days for some final thoughts but also check back a couple of days before the July 25 cruise begins.

In the meantime we will post some final thoughts in the next day or two.

TODAY'S THOUGHT FOR THE DAY....

“I really don’t know why it is that all of us are so committed to the sea, except I think it’s because in addition to the fact that the sea changes, and the light changes, and ships change, it’s because we all came from the sea. And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and therefore, we have salt in our blood, our sweat, and in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came.” – President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, September 14, 1962. 

Keith & Anne Marie

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I am happy that you all had a safe, wonderful trip! However, I am sad that it has come to an end, as I have traveled each day with you all, via this blog. I can not thank you all enough for taking the time to do this.

    gowensricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, thoroughly enjoyed blog and look forward to much more! One thing I noted, you didn't mention "Rapping with the Rabbi" as on previous trips. Are they not doing this anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your trip this year! I will keep tuned in!

    ReplyDelete